Apr 3, 2015

Basic Blues


Today is my FAVORITE Friday of the year!

It coincides with my favorite day of the year, Easter Sunday. I can sum it up for you in 3 words: He is Risen! 

Weekends are for being causal but it doesn't mean loosing style.  You can be cool and comfy while still being put together.  It's about the details.

Sure a basic white tee is a staple, but how about a structured white top that's just as easy breezy.  The linen-like fabric along with the cut and cap sleeves takes this from simple to chic.

Loose jeans, we all love slipping into a soft broken-in pair but how about rolling the cuffs - it adds intentional detail.  

Accessories, I'm all about simple and no fuss for the weekend so keep them classic with a pair of studs, a dainty necklace, basically your everyday pieces. 

Shoes, for brunch with the gals or dinner date at a local eatery, opt for pumps.  It brings the whole look up a notch.

Trade in your structured work bag for a slouchy satchel - wear it crossbody style for shopping, keeping your hands free.

I kept this palette light and monochromatic for a soft simplistic look.  






White Top: J Crew || Jeans: Loft || Handbag: Rebecca Minkoff || Pumps: Nine West || 
Earrings: Kate Spade || Bracelet: David Yurman || 

Dress Beautifully in the Basics

XOXO Sarah Louise 

1 comment:

Nikki said...

I love a good jeans and blouse with pumps outfit! :) It's my go-to when I feel too lazy to get dressed but still want to look put together!
xoxo,
Nikki at www.bedazzlesafterdark.com

Enter my Mint Julep Boutique giveaway here!