Apr 1, 2015

Bright Blooms


I can't help but notice all the budding plants and trees around me. I've been running a lot outside thanks to the warmer temps and longer hours of sunshine. I often take a minute mid-run, in awe of God's beautiful creation, to stop and take in the scenery.  I love seeing the transition  from Winter to Spring.  It's like a caterpillar turning into a butterfly.   

This blouse with it's bright blooms is a pretty blend of aqua and pops of yellow & blush.  It's silk, my favorite fabric, and feels light and airy; essential for surviving the southern heat that's just around the corner.  

I pulled from the hints of yellow and blush in the blouse and paired it with a deeper golden-yellow pencil skirt & quilted pink handbag for an office look.  Now these pumps are bright white and sharp, but they are not to be worn until after Easter Sunday.  
For casual styling add to white jeans/shorts/skirt and  a comfy pair of sandals. 

Speaking of blooms, most of my gal pals love flowers: tulips, hydrangeas, daisies, lilies, roses .... the list goes on.  I personally like my flowers in prints on my garments.
Confession:  I'm not a flower person and haven't owned a living plant in several years! 
If I had to pick a favorite, it'd be a magnolia flower.  I plan to add magnolia prints in my home decor this year!! Stay tuned :)









Floral Blouse: J Crew || Skirt: J Crew Similar & Here || Pumps: Nine West || 
Handbag: Tory Burch || Earrings: Kate Spade || Bracelet: David Yurman ||

Dress Beautifully in Bright Florals 

XOXO Sarah Louise  

No comments: