Apr 13, 2015

On the Grid


This skirt is a modern match made! 
When you mix sharp graphic lines with soft feminine lace you get a perfect blend of style.

Lace & graphics are on two opposite ends of the spectrum.  For some, lace is too feminine and vintage feeling, while graphic can be too harsh and modern.  Combining the two is genius - best of both worlds.  

I call this 'grid lace' - because that's what it looks like to me :) 

I'm obsessed with all things white, so my eyes gravitated to this skirt.  I love the shape - not too poofy.    The grosgrain waistband, pockets and unlined hemline are details that make this skirt shine in it's uniqueness. 

One of the cool things about a-line skirts is that you can vary your size giving you the ability to choose how high or low it sits on the waist. I went down a size in this one so that it would sit slightly higher - a more classic shape and so that it would fall slightly shorter on the leg line - I'm petite so I must be careful of pieces that fall below the knee. 

For skirts that are more mini in design I often choose a size larger than normal for added length or for comfort.  Ladies, you've heard it over and over but seriously don't get caught up in the numbers! Rather concentrate on fit and shape. 

We've had lots of warm sunny weather here in the South so I styled this look fitting for the season.  When I have a garment that is structured I like to pair it with a piece that's soft and flowy.  These strappy tops are my favorite - so naturally I have 6 in all different colors :)

This grid lace skirt is going to be on serious repeat! Pair it with button downs for office or tees, denim tops, sandals/wedges for those casual days in the sun. 








Grid Lace Skirt: Loft || Silk Tank: J Crew & Factory || Pumps: Nine West || 

Dress Beautifully in Grid Lace

XOXO Sarah Louise 

No comments: