Apr 6, 2015

Easter Brunch


I shared with you that my favorite day of the year is Easter, and this past Easter Sunday was absolutely beautiful.  What a blessing to celebrate our Savior!! 

This picture was taken in our neighborhood - Not a day goes by that I don't look out in awe at the majestic scenery by the water.  My Mamma loves to take in nature's beauty and the older I get the more I appreciate the live oaks draped in spanish moss, singing of the birds, glisten of sunshine on the water, and pink sunsets.

For Mr and I we didn't dress any differently that we always do for church.  We did make sure we were in our spring favorites, he in bright colored pants and bow-tie and me in a classic dress with gold detail. 

Truth:  This was my Easter dress last year ... I tried on so many 'new' dresses but this one shines brighter than the rest - it's a classic! And since we were in Charlotte last year and here on the coast this year I figured I'd share this beauty with a new audience. 

Confession: I'd totally own this dress in other colors - currently resisting! 

Mr's Style: Blazer - Brooks Brothers || Pants: Vineyard Vines || Bow-tie: Brooks Brothers ||
SL's Style: Dress: Lilly Pulitzer || 

This Easter I hosted a brunch for Mr's parents.  Coincidentally their birthday was on Sunday - yes they both have the same birthday, super cute & easy to remember. 

For my tablescape I kept it simple. I chose the colors yellow & blue for  my linens - bright and cheerful.  For the centerpiece I layered a piece of dutch linen I purchased in an antique shop I stubbled upon a few years ago in Georgetown DC, and mason jars filled with dried cotton.  I tied the jars and napkins with tan linen ribbons.  For the finishing touch I placed a ceramic blue & white bunny in the center.  I love blue & white ginger jars and found this cutie and added him to the mix.  Mr didn't see a purpose for it ... purposed fulfilled! 

Brunch Menu: Frittata - Thick Applewood Bacon - Roasted Red Potatoes - Fruit Salad (kiwi, pineapple, orange, strawberry, blueberry, red grapes) and OJ & Coffee of course




The big ta-da was the birthday cake. 

I'm not skilled in the kitchen but I wanted to really bless our parents with a special sweet treat.  Southern Living Magazine is the go-to for amazing recipes.  They're traditional and prepared Southern Style (lots of butter, sugar and goodness) just how we like it!

As I was shopping and preparing to make this carrot cake I became a little overwhelmed.  After grating 3 cups of carrots I wanted to quit.  But I didn't.  A cup of coffee had to be had for an extra boost. 


I finished it out and the hours of work (for you domestic gals, y'all could probably whip it up no sweat) were totally worth it.  Mr took me out for dinner Saturday night as I just couldn't be in my kitchen any longer. He shakes his head & sighs - With every wish he makes he's wishing I would learn to like cooking.  It's looking doubtful. 

Normally I stress the nutritional content of everything I eat, but it all went out the window as I delighted in every bite!

This cake was absolutely delicious! 
#nailedit




Be a Graceful Host!

XOXO Sarah Louise 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Everything is beautiful - but especially that cake. You should be proud of that masterpiece.