Jan 1, 2024

2024 Word of the Year

Happy New Year! 2023 was great and I imagine that 2024 is going to give even more greatness!

In addition to goals, what really shapes my year is choosing a word to focus on throughout.

Here's how this year's word came to be:

When asked about my blog, job, talents, involvements etc .. I tend to be very bashful. I minimize them and often I don't even share them. While humility is great these are works I'm extremely proud of and love!! 

Last September a friend shared something with me that has resonated so much I knew it would shape this next year big for me!

"Don't diminish it! Any work is valuable and worth the effort."

This has made a profound impact on me! I pour my heart into a lot of things and like my friend of over 25 years says - I don't give under 150%. 

Now, without further adieu, 2024's word of the year is ...

AMPLIFY

CONFIDENCE

    This is my 11th year writing, sharing, encouraging and inspiring in this space and I want to proudly own it. I am going to strive to amplify my confidence in my talents (and several other areas) knowing my worth and value outside of how the world measures. 


RELATIONSHIPS

    Last year I wanted to be more hospitable so I opened our doors and hosted several gatherings. I loved it as much as our guests. This year I want to amplify more face to face time with friends and family.
Ryan and I are going to be intentional in have a date night at least once a month, I'm going to schedule the time to connect with friends and I'm even planning a monthly Mahjong game night with my gal pals.    
Time with those I love is the best investment!


LIGHT

    The light of Jesus is the greatest thing I can share. I want to amplify His image with my words and actions. I've grown so much in knowledge studying His Word alongside the ladies in my bible study, teaching Sunday school and in my own morning quiet time but there's still so much more for me. I want to radiate His love to others!

Specific goals for 2024:
Weekly meal planning & grocery shopping.
Complete family photo books 
Home design projects: powder room, hallway, closet, outdoor areas
Learn to play pickleball & mahjong

No matter what, I want to have as much fun as possible in 2024!!!

Dress Beautifully in the New Year

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: