Feb 5, 2020

Retro Statement Skirt



Gals, I'm definitely in a separates phase, specifically skirts. I've found myself finding and being drawn to skirts with interesting detail or pattern, like this one I shared 2 weeks ago.

Printed skirts have endless style options and can really allow your personality to shine.
For example: if you're way cooler than I am you can pair the oh-so popular rock band graphic tees (maybe even tied in a knot on the hem) with a tiered midi skirt, or if your style is more on the casual side a chambray shirt or basic tee, and if you're like me, my go-to is a crisp white button up shirt.  The sky is the limit because the skirt already checks off the color and pattern elements of your outfit.

I found this skirt late last year and immediately loved the vintage color, print and style.  I'm all about some retro vibes. The bright pink is an expected color for me but it was the pretty orange in the print that sold me.

I've really grown to adore accents of tangerine orange in my home decor and in fashion.
Orange was an 'it' color in the 70's and then there's the iconic Hermes orange. While I used to hate the color (probably due to insecurities of my red hair growing up), I now find it so fun to incorporate in small doses.  I used it in Vivian's nursery, in a few home decor objects and I even have a bangle and handbag I wear all the time that add such a sweet bright pop to my outfits.

The cut of this skirt in a straight design (very elongating) with a ruffle hem is so unique and feminine. The flattering flat front with center pockets is also a winning detail.

I REALLY wanted to style this with a white button up or ivory blouse but I decided to show you gals something different and wear one of the 3 black tops I own because the reality is I'm the minority in my lack of black.

This skirt can truly transcend all the season with sweaters and boots followed by light tops and sandals in warmer weather.








P.S. This would be lovely for a Valentine's Day Celebration!

Dress Beautifully in a Statement Skirt

XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: